You can access all your products online, via this website. As soon as payment is confirmed, you will be provided with access to MedEntry’s Learning Management System (LMS). This will allow you to access all of your materials.
To login, click on the "Login" button in the top right corner of the webpage. Then simply log in using your username and password to gain immediate access. You can access your products from any computer, smartphone or tablet in the world that has access to the internet.
You will be given access to your materials as soon as payment is confirmed. If you are paying by credit/debit card, you can expect to gain access immediately. If you are paying by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or Bank Draft, you will normally gain access within five working days (depending on how quickly payment is received), to allow time for processing.
MedEntry's online resources are delivered via the Learning Management System (LMS), which uses the latest learning technology tailored to the UCAT. The LMS is far superior to printed 'booklets'.
There are a number of reasons why MedEntry chooses to provide preparation materials via an online based system:
1. UCAT is a computer-based test. It is essential that students practice using the UCAT platform and become comfortable with the various functions and keyboard shortcuts before the test. Doing so will improve confidence, reduce stress, and increase the speed with which you are able to answer UCAT questions. All of MedEntry's exams and practice questions are delivered via an online platform that exactly replicates the live UCAT.
2. Online learning enables MedEntry to provide students with video guides, video solutions, dynamic feedback, forums and many other learning resources which would not be available if materials were distributed as hard copies. Students find these services very useful - for example, the online forums allow students to engage in discussions and learn actively.
3. There is well over ten thousand pages of material on the LMS. Printing and sending this out to all of our students would be very expensive and would mean we would have to raise the prices of the packages substantially - something we don't want to do. Electronic rather than paper delivery is also planet-friendly and saves millions of trees.
4. There are numerous other benefits of an online system as opposed to hard copy material. For example, after completing a test, you can view the proportion of students who chose different options for each question, and the proportion of students who chose the option that you did (presented in a bar graph). Having data on the % of students choosing each option is very useful: for example you not only need to know the right ways of reasoning but possible wrong ways of reasoning; if a high proportion of students choose an option which is incorrect, you need to think about what errors in reasoning they would have made to arrive at that option. You will also gain a better indication of your strengths and weaknesses in various types of questions and understand the types of questions other students find difficult. You will also be able to see the time taken by other students to complete each question compared to you, which will help you refine your timing strategy. Such interactive, real-time information is impossible with hard copy material.
5. MedEntry’s Learning Management System allows you to access your products immediately (as soon as payment is received). There is no need to wait for your materials to arrive by post.
6. MedEntry’s system allows you to access your products anytime, anywhere and any place in the world with an internet connection. You can access the resources via a desktop PC, a laptop, a smartphone or a tablet. Further, your UCAT Prep materials cannot be misplaced or lost as hard copy materials can.
7. The dynamic nature of the online system means that we are able to provide updates expeditiously and throughout the year. Changes to the preparation material are made to reflect the latest changes in UCAT. This would not be possible if the materials were paper-based. It's no wonder that MedEntry was voted as the program which best simulates UCAT.
8. MedEntry's online learning uses the most advanced 21st century technology. Most reputable universities are now moving to this medium since there are several advantages. A meta-analysis published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (10 September 2008) found internet-based learning was associated with large positive effect. "Internet based education permits learners to participate at a time and a place convenient to them, facilitates instructional methods that might be difficult in other formats, and has the potential to tailor instructions to individual learners' needs," the authors said. Virtually all medical school courses at all universities are now ‘Online’, so there is no need to attend the classes every week and only a small minority do!
You will not be able to print the materials and practice exams on the LMS for two main reasons.
Firstly, providing printed materials would mean that certain invaluable features of the LMS would not be available. As UCAT is a computer-based test, it is essential that you practice answering questions on this platform. Answering questions on paper is not an effective or efficient way to prepare for UCAT. Furthermore, key features such as percentile rankings, detailed feedback, timing information etc. would not be available if materials were printable.
Secondly, MedEntry has been compelled to make materials unprintable due to several breaches of copyright law. The breaches of MedEntry's copyright resulted in MedEntry suing the offenders in the Federal Court (and winning).
You can attempt each practice exam only once, to ensure feedback provided is reliable and accurate. However, you can re-attempt questions you answered incorrectly up to four times. Also, you can review all questions, answers and worked solutions as many times as you wish.
You can attempt all drills, practice questions and other resources as many times as you like.
You can enrol in MedEntry at any time, and in any year of schooling or university. Your enrolment is valid from the date that payment is made until the end of the date of UCAT (please see 'How long do I have access to the LMS for?' for more information).
Note that the earlier you enrol, the earlier you gain access to all your materials and the longer you will be able to prepare. Earlier enrolment also gives you greater choice of workshop dates.
However, if you are focussed and willing to work hard, you can improve your performance in the UCAT even if you enrol in MedEntry's UCAT preparation package very close to the UCAT test period.
The UCAT Consortium do however limit when you can register to sit the live UCAT. Students must be in their final year of schooling or older to be able to sit the exam.
If you purchase a UCAT package, you will have unlimited access to the LMS until the end of of the UCAT test period (usually in late July). At this time, access to the UCAT resources will be suspended. You will continue to have access to the Interview and University Admissions resources until after the admissions process (in January of the year following the UCAT test).
Students can have access to the UCAT part of the MedEntry materials for one "UCAT-YEAR" i.e. from the beginning of August of one year to the end of July the next. Access to the LMS is based on the "UCAT- Year", not the academic year or calendar year or financial year. A UCAT-Year runs from August to July.
Irrespective of the date of purchase, students will have access to the MedEntry materials for a maximum of one "UCAT-YEAR" i.e. from the date of purchase until the UCAT test date in July.
The MedEntry Team has extensive interview expertise and knowledge of the types of questions likely to arise at each university, which we use to provide you with focussed training.
Our interview guide comes with all of our packages, or can be purchased separately. It is packed with information on interview technique, common themes in health science interviews and how to tackle specific questions that will be asked.
Students attending a MedEntry UCAT Course will have an afternoon of interview preparation to get them started. Remember, interviews cannot be 'crammed' for; you need to start thinking about them and developing skills early.
MedEntry also offers Interview Training Sessions that are tailored to specific Universities and Courses, since each university has a unique interview style and set of questions. The session is a day-long program facilitated by an expert. It covers interview technique, specific questions likely to arise and strategies that can be used to answer them, as well as mock interviews.
South Koreans spend 12% of their disposable income on coaching (equivalent to about $6000 per year in Australia). The expense of educating children for "the test" is one reason why South Korean women give birth to so few of them resulting in lowest fertility rate in the OECD (The Economist, 26/10/13, page 14). The proportion of income spent on coaching for tests in Australia, is very small compared to other countries.
Please note that MedEntry offers several scholarships for students.
Very occasionally, technical problems with the website and LMS may arise. Usually these problems resolve within a couple of hours. If you are unable to log into the LMS, but have previously been able to, please try logging in again after about an hour. If it is still not working, please contact us and we will endeavour to fix the problem as soon as possible. Please click here to see how to disable some of the most commonly used popup blockers.
Please only send an email to MedEntry AFTER you have tried the detailed instructions in the PDF above.
The best way to access the LMS from your phone is to use the new MedEntry Smartphone App, compatible with all iOS and android devices.
Through the app you will be able to access all the drills, guides and forums found on the LMS.
In order for your LMS progress to sync between the app and the desktop LMS, please launch the LMS through your browser first and accept our terms and conditions.
Personalised UCAT tutoring is available as part of the Diamond package only. If you are not enrolled in the Diamond package and wish to access UCAT tutoring, you can do so by upgrading to the Diamond package.
You will receive a total of five one hour sessions of one-on-one, face-to-face UCAT tutoring. Further UCAT Tuition sessions can be arranged at additional cost. UCAT Tutors will also be available for support via phone and email between sessions. The location and exact timing of the UCAT tutoring is negotiable between you and your UCAT tutor.
All UCAT tutors have performed exceptionally well in UCAT, interviews and school.
Personalised UCAT tutoring is available in all major cities and some regional areas.