Final UCAT tips: The Morning of the UCAT
Here are some useful tips MedEntry has for you the morning of the UCAT test day:
- When you wake up on the day of the UCAT, consider taking a shower or doing some brief exercise to get the blood flowing.
- If your parent, guardian, friend or relative is taking you to the UCAT, make sure they are up too.
- Eat a normal breakfast on the morning of the UCAT, by that we mean eat whatever you eat normally for breakfast. You don't want to eat too much, or something that you don't normally eat as it may upset your stomach or cause you to be groggy.
- Caffeine should only be consumed on the day of the UCAT if it is in your normal routine to do so.
- Before you leave for the UCAT, make sure you have everything you need with you. (Perhaps even have the bag packed the night before hand)
- Allow enough time to get to the UCAT test site 30 - 40 minutes before the recommended time. This allows for traffic delays, and to get in a good position to enter into the exam venue.
- It may even be helpful to listen to some music in the car trip before arriving at the UCAT test site. If you listen to music that makes you feel good, you will be in a better position to solve the SJT questions on the UCAT. (Imagine if you were angry, it is likely that you would think others are also feeling angry, like you.)
We hope these tips will help you in keeping calm, focused and relaxed for the UCAT. Ultimately, just remember, you have prepared for this, and the UCAT will allow you to showcase those skills you have practiced.