What is UCATSEN?
UCATSEN (University Clinical Aptitude Test Special Educational Needs) provides certain students sitting UCAT with 25% extra time when sitting the test.
UCATSEN is available to students with a medical condition that impacts upon their ability to perform in testing settings such as UCAT, for example, those with learning disabilities.
How do I apply for UCATSEN?
If you feel you are entitled to sit UCATSEN, you should submit an application for Access Arrangements before you make your UCAT booking. The deadline for access arrangements applications for UCAT is 10 May 2019 at 5pm AEST. Candidates should submit the online form and supporting documentation through their online acccount.
Supporting documentation must:
- Be from a registered health practitioner
- Give a clear diagnosis and information on the condition, indicate the impact of the condition in testing settings, and include a statement as to what accommodations the health practitioner feels are appropriate for the candidate in testing settings
- Be typed on the health practitioner’s official letterhead
- Include the health practitioner’s signature
- Include the date and title, name, registration number and contact details of the health practitioner
- Be no more than one year old for health-related needs or disabilities, and no more than three years old for learning disabilities
Applicants with learning disabilities should submit a copy of an appropriate educational psychologist’s report for consideration.
How can I activate UCATSEN timing on the LMS?
MedEntry’s UCAT practice exams are optimised for UCATSEN. Note: you should only activate UCATSEN timing if you have been, or are likely to be, approved to sit UCATSEN.
When you first attempt a UCAT practice exam, a pop up will appear:
If you are eligible for UCATSEN, choose the option ‘use UCATSEN timing’. Note that the pop-up wil only appear once, however, you can change the settings by editing your LMS profile:
Your timings for the LMS practice exams will be amended as follows:
For more information about UCAT and UCATSEN, check out our blogs page.