Registrations to sit UCAT 2019 are now open! If you are planning to sit UCAT in 2019 for entry into medicine in 2020, we suggest booking your UCAT testing date as soon as possible. Remember, popular dates to sit UCAT do book out!
Here are three key tips for choosing your perfect UCAT 2019 testing date.
1. Choose your UCAT date and time carefully
UCAT is an important test, so it is vital that you take some time to consider the best UCAT 2019 testing date and time for you. Factors you should consider when choosing a UCAT date include:
- School holidays: many schools have holidays over the month of July. If possible, schedule your UCAT testing date over the holidays. This will ensure you have time to prepare for UCAT as well as time to look after your physical and psychological health before UCAT test day.
- School exams and assessments: consider any exams or assessments that you may have in July or shortly afterwards, and avoid scheduling UCAT too close to these. You don’t want to over-load your schedule with academic commitments and end up burning out before UCAT.
- Extra-curricular activities: consider any other activities that you may have in July, including part time work, sporting/music/drama/debating commitments and overseas or interstate travel to avoid any clashes with UCAT.
Also carefully consider the UCAT testing time that works for you. Depending on the UCAT testing location that you select, you may have many options for when to sit UCAT. Consider if you work best in the morning or afternoon and select your UCAT time accordingly. Don’t forget to factor in travel to the UCAT test venue and mealtimes when choosing your preferred testing time.
2. Book a UCAT date earlier in July rather than later
Although you may be tempted to book a UCAT testing date that is later in July to ensure you are ‘ready’ so sit UCAT, it is generally recommended that you book a testing date earlier in the testing period. This will give you the opportunity to postpone your UCAT testing date if necessary – for example, if you become ill or there is an unexpected clash with another commitment.
3. Remember, you can change your UCAT date!
UCAT offers a variety of testing dates, times and locations over July. This gives you the flexibility to choose a UCAT testing date that is convenient to you, and also gives you the opportunity to change the UCAT date if necessary. You can do this online via your Pearson VUE account. Keep in mind however that popular UCAT testing locations and dates do book out, so don’t leave it to the last minute to change your date. If you do, you might find yourself having to travel to take the UCAT or having to sit it at an inconvenient time.
If you haven’t already, we suggest you visit the Pearson VUE website (https://wsr.pearsonvue.com/testtaker/signin/SignInPage/UMAT) to register and book now!
And most importantly, don’t forget to undergo quality UCAT preparation!