MedEntry UMAT Course Tips
- Relax the night before the UMAT. All of your MedEntry UMAT study should be behind you – cramming at this point will probably do more harm than good. As long as you get a good night’s rest you are allowed to have some fun in the evening before the UMAT.
- Lay out everything you are going to need when taking the UMAT the night beforehand. This will allow you to have a more peaceful rest that night, and a less stressful time in the morning.
- If you are taking the UMAT at an unfamiliar location, make sure you get directions well ahead of time. Trial run your transportation method to the UMAT test site a few days in advance so that you are familiar with it. Leave yourself plenty of time to get there too, so that you don’t stress out if you run into some traffic or get a little lost.
- Wear clothes that will keep you comfortable in any temperature. Layers are good as you can remove some if you are hot, or add them if you are cold.
- Eat a good breakfast before the exam, including protein to give your brain the energy it is going to need (oatmeal, eggs and bacon are good, but avoid sugary cereals). While eating you may want to listen to some peaceful music to help you relax, or look over some interesting practice problems to get you mind into the right gear.
- Head into the UMAT with a positive attitude. Attitude is critical to success on the UMAT – negative energy will detract from your thinking-power and cost you marks, whereas positive energy serves as motivation and puts you in a sharper mindset where you are able to more effectively tackle the tough questions. Immediately before the UMAT test begins, focus on relaxing and doing the best you can!