Welcome to the MedEntry alumni page.
The MedEntry alumni community is free to join and is available to certain past MedEntry students, staff and invited members only. Benefits include:
- Resources to assist those at medical school and in postgraduate training programs
- Mentorship and advice from successful trainee and practicing doctors
- Discounts for MedEntry services including postgraduate interview training and CV/application reviews
- Discounts for family members
- Opportunities for paid work with MedEntry
Please note this is a new initiative and we therefore seek your feedback on ways we can improve the services we provide.
A free, open access medical education website designed to assist junior doctors. Provides podcasts, blogs and advice on career development.
The Junior Doctor Survival Guide
A thorough guide to everything you need to know to get through your internship and residency intact. Available as an ebook and in print:
Podcasts created by a past MedEntry student and tutor, with an aim to help medical students with their study in a fun and memorable way. Available at:
More resources coming soon!
MENTORSHIP AND ADVICE
Senior doctors and academics involved with MedEntry can provide advice on any of the following matters:
- Which university to choose for medical school
- Study skills and how to succeed in medical school
- How to survive and thrive as an intern
- Which specialty program to pursue
- How to succeed in postgraduate interviews and job applications
- How to succeed as a specialist in training
- How to start a private practice
Discounts for alumni are offered on the following MedEntry services:
- Postgraduate medical interview training
- Application review service (CV and cover letter critique)
- UMAT preparation packages (for first-degree relatives of alumni)
The following paid work opportunities are available to MedEntry alumni:
Involves creating original, engaging, interesting, useful and relevant blogs suitable for inclusion on the MedEntry website. Payment is up to $100 per blog.
Video blog creator
Involves creating original, engaging, interesting, useful and relevant video blogs suitable for inclusion on the MedEntry website. Payment is up to $250 per blog.
Involves organising and making a presentation to interested groups of students/parents (usually at schools) on the topic of UMAT and medical entry. Payment is $200 for the session and $50 for travel expenses.
Occasionally other work opportunities become available. Please contact us for current vacancies.
Please contact us if you are interested in any of the above roles.
EDIT OR UPDATE DETAILS
To enable MedEntry to keep in touch and offer you the most relevant resources, please provide us with the following information: full name, email address, phone number, mailing address, stage of medical career (eg. medical student, intern, resident, registrar, consultant), ATAR/LC/NCEA result.
The MedEntry alumni page is a new initiative and we are continually looking for ways to improve the services provided. If you have any suggestions for what we can add or how we can improve, please contact us.