FREE UCAT Packages for Rural South Australians!
6 months ago by Chris
MedEntry is proud to partner with the government-funded Rural Doctors Workforce Agency (RDWA) to provide free MedEntry UCAT Platinum Packages to rural South Australians.
Improving access to UCAT preparation for rural students is part of MedEntry's commitment to Australian healthcare, and to widening access into medicine.
What is RDWA?
RDWA, or the Rural Doctors Workforce Agency, is a government-funded organisation dedicated to providing a workforce to enhance the health and wellbeing of rural communities in South Australia.
Why does RDWA provide a UCAT Preparation Grant?
MedEntry provides discounted UCAT preparation to RDWA, who in turn fund access for rural students. This results in eligible rural students being able to access MedEntry's quality UCAT preparation free of charge. Studies have also shown that individuals who have experience living in rural and regional locations often return to these areas to pursue their professional careers. Therefore, there is a clear need to encourage students living in rural and regional priority areas and who are interested in studying medicine, to pursue their dream of becoming a doctor.
The purpose of the MedEntry-RDWA UCAT Preparation Grant is to help widen access into medicine for rural South Australians. RDWA recognises and supports young people living in rural South Australia to learn about and become interested in working in health careers.
What does the RDWA UCAT Preparation Grant involve?
MedEntry’s partnership with RDWA provides FREE MedEntry UCAT Platinum packages for South Australian rural students looking to enter medicine.
The MedEntry Platinum package includes:
- Dr Ray's UCAT workshop: hours of live UCAT training and guidance in a fun and interactive learning environment
- A comprehensive, interactive UCAT curriculum with video instruction
- A massive UCAT question bank with >20,000 UCAT questions, 20+ exams and 40+ subtest mocks (with a replica UCAT platform)
- A custom UCAT app for your smartphone or tablet
- And more!
Am I eligible for a RDWA UCAT Preparation Grant?
To be eligible for the RDWA-MedEntry UCAT Preparation Grant, you will need to be a high school student currently studying year 12 and living in rural South Australia. A rural high school student lives in a town that is in the classification MM 2-7 of the Modified Monash Model (MMM).
To check whether your town is in the MM 2-7 location:
- Go to the following Doctor Connect website: https://www.health.gov.au/resources/apps-and-tools/health-workforce-locator/health-workforce-locator
- In the Classification Filter, click on the box Modified Monash Model 2019
- Click on Find Address and in the drop-down box, type your address
This will give you the MMM rating for your area.
Applicants should display a strong passion for rural health and rural communities.
How to apply for the RDWA UCAT Preparation Grant
To apply for the RDWA University Preparation Support grant, you will need to:
- Go to the RDWA University Preparation Support page: https://www.ruraldoc.com.au/university-preparation-grant
- Read the information provided
- Click on Apply
- Complete the form with a parent or guardian
If you live in rural South Australia, wish to pursue a career in medicine and have the UCAT ahead of you, then seize this opportunity!