MedEntry has a commitment to helping those from disadvantaged and under-serviced backgrounds (such as those of low socio-economic status and those from rural or remote areas) to achieve their goals. We have provided over $700 000 of scholarships and discounts to such students over the years.
MedEntry offers various discounts:
- Group discount. Simply apply as a group of three or more, and all group members will receive a discount of over 30%!
- Teacher/Principal/Lecturer discount. This discount is available to students who are nominated by their teacher, principal or lecturer.
- Last year's student discounts. This discount applies to students who enrolled in a MedEntry package in the previous year.
- Discounts for students who attend our Courses in rural towns and smaller cities such as Darwin, Launceston, Newcastle, Wollongong, Dubbo, Geelong, Bendigo, Cairns, Townsville, Rockhampton, Mackay, Armidale, Sale, Alice Springs, Whyalla, Mount Gambier, Wellington and Christchurch. These students obtain the extra 5 practice exams (worth $250) free!
Please read the information below for more information on each of these discounts.
If you are a student who has done MedEntry's 2016 Distance, Platinum or Diamond Package, you will be able to purchase the 2017 Distance, Platinum or Diamond Package at a discounted rate.
To obtain your Last Year's Student Discount:
- Log into the MedEntry website using the same login information that was used to purchase your previous package
- Click on the icon that reads MedEntry Shop
- Choose a package and click proceed
- Under Additional Discounts, choose Last Year's Student discount
- Proceed through the checkout process
The discount will automatically be applied to your package cost in your shopping cart.
If you choose to upgrade to one of the promotional products displayed during the checkout process, you will need to re-apply the student discount to that product.
If you wish to apply for this Bursary, please ask your Teacher, Principal or Lecturer to write to MedEntry with reasons why you should be awarded the scholarship. This must be on a school/university letterhead. The letter must be addressed to the Scholarships Officer at MedEntry.
The reasons why you should be awarded the scholarship may include the following:
- Academic scholarships, awards or achievements
- Co-curricular excellence (eg. leadership, public speaking)
- Any other awards/achievements (eg. Science Olympiads, High Distinctions in ICAS)
Please ask your teacher to mail the documentation to:
Scholarships Officer, MedEntry UMAT Prep, PO Box 445, Fawkner, Vic 3060, Australia.
- only one student per school is eligible to obtain this Bursary.
- Generic letters of support addressed as "To whom it may concern" will not be considered.
- This discount cannot be obtained retrospectively (i.e. after the student has enrolled and paid).
- The scholarship applies to the Platinum package only.
If you are to be awarded a bursary, MedEntry will provide you with a unique discount code, which can be used on the website to access the package at a discounted rate (60% off).
MedEntry recognises that students from rural and remote areas face special difficulties in accessing services.
To help redress this, MedEntry offers workshops in Mildura, Whyalla, Mount Gambier, Toowoomba, Sale, Armidale, Dubbo, Geelong, Bendigo, Cairns, Townsville, Darwin, Launceston, Newcastle, Wollongong, Dubbo, Rockhampton, Mackay, Armadale, Alice Springs, Wellington and Christchurch.
These students also obtain the extra 5 practice exams (worth $250) free!. Please note that this offer is only available to students who attend the workshops in the cities above, not just by virtue of living in those cities; for example, someone who lives in Toowoomba but attends the course in Brisbane would not be eligible. To access these 5 extra practice exams, please see the lecturer during the workshop.
If there is sufficient demand, MedEntry will run workshops in other rural, remote and regional areas. Please contact us with your needs.
MedEntry does not believe in 'two year deals' for several reasons:
- A one year program is sufficient if you are in Year 12. We believe in the efficacy of our program.
- If you are in Year 11, we strongly recommend you do not purchase a two year program and lock yourself in. Why purchase a two year package when you do not know the quality of the materials?
- We are so confident in the quality of our services that we know you will come back to us in the event that you need to re-enrol in a UMAT course. Those who offer two year deals do so because they know students will not come back to them, due to the poor quality of their services.
Note that if you wish to re-enrol in a MedEntry course for another year, we offer a substantially discounted price for last year's students.
Access to MedEntry's materials is from the date of purchase through until the UMAT in late July. If you enrol in early August (straight after the UMAT) when you are in Year 11, you will have access to the materials while you are in both Year 11 and Year 12.
You must use the same username and password that you used in the previous year. Please contact us if you cannot remember your details.